The Best Lawyers in Canada 2021
Langlois stands out again with 35 lawyers recognized
Montréal, August 27, 2020 – Langlois stands out in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada’s prestigious directory, in which 35 lawyers are recognized in 30 practice areas, many of them in several categories.
“The firm is thrilled by the ever-growing number of lawyers ranked each year. As a result of the depth of expertise and talent of our outstanding team, our positioning as the leading regional law firm is strengthened. I would like to congratulate all for this exceptional achievement”, asserted Langlois Lawyers CEO, Jean‑François Gagnon.
Recent nominees in their respective cities and areas of practice are:
- Vikki Andrighetti – Alternative Dispute Resolution; Construction Law (**); Insurance Law
- Yann Bernard (*) – Education Law
- Catherine Biron (*) – Labour and Employment legal Law
- Mylany David – Corporate Law (**); Energy Law
- Vincent de l’Étoile (*) – Class Action Litigation; Product Liability Law
- Isabelle Desharnais – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Danielle Ferron – Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Jean-François Gagnon – Construction Law; Corporate and Commercial Litigation; Director and Officer Liability Practice; Insurance Law; Professional Malpractice Law (**)
- Sean Griffin (*) – Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- William D. Hart – Corporate Law
- Tina Hobday – Corporate Governance Practice; Employee Benefits Law
- L. Michel Huart – Environmental Law; Railroad Law; Transportation Law
- Marie-Hélène Jetté (*) – Labour and Employment Law
- Bernard Jolin – Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Pierre Y. Lefebvre – Alternative Dispute Resolution (**); Class Action Litigation; Corporate and Commercial Litigation; International Arbitration (**)
- René Paquette – Education Law
- Sophie Perreault – Class Action Litigation; Corporate and Commercial Litigation (**)
- Richard R. Provost – Construction Law; Insurance Law; Legal Malpractice Law; Product Liability Law
- François Rolland (*) – Alternative Dispute Resolution
- André Sasseville – Labour and Employment Law
- Éric Thibaudeau – Workers’ Compensation Law
- Tommy Tremblay – Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Jean-François Vézina – Construction Law
- Marie-Claude Carrier – Construction Law
- Jean-François De Rico – Corporate and Commercial Litigation; Information Technology Law; Privacy and Data Security Law; Technology Law
- Paul-Arthur Gendreau – Administrative and Public Law
- Lucien Godbout – Lawyer of the Year – Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Marc Gravel – Labour and Employment Law
- Jean Grégoire – Lawyer of the Year – Maritime Law; Transportation Law
- Michel Jolin – Lawyer of the Year – Administrative and Public Law; Appellate Practice; Corporate and Commercial Litigation; Legal Malpractice Law; Medical Negligence
- Sébastien Laprise (*) – Administrative and Public Law
- Valérie Lemaire – Insurance Law; Product Liability Law
- John G. O’Connor – Energy Law; Maritime Law; Transportation Law
- Éric Savard – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Paule Veilleux – Education Law (**)
(*) Lawyers ranked for the first time in Best Lawyers.
(**) New category.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected lawyer ranking service in the world. For almost 40 years, Best Lawyers has assisted those in need of legal services to identify the lawyers best qualified to represent them in distant jurisdictions or specialized areas. Best Lawyers lists are published in leading local, regional, and national publications across the globe.
About Langlois Lawyers
Langlois Lawyers is one of the largest law firms in Quebec with more than 150 professionals working in the Montréal and Quebec City metropolitan areas. Our team is made up of a total of 300 people who enable us to offer our clients a complete range of highly regarded legal services in the areas of litigation, business law and labour law. Langlois Lawyers is ranked first among the top ten Quebec law firms by Canadian Lawyer magazine.
T +1 438 844 7800
M +1 514 951 0553