Lawyer, Partner - Quebec City
The Bâtonnier Michel Jolin has been a partner of the firm since 1988 and is a member of the civil and commercial litigation group. Before joining the firm, he was Director of Litigation Services for the Quebec Department of Justice. He was Vice President of the Quebec Bar in 1986-1987 and Bâtonnier (President) in 1987-1988.
Throughout his career, he has been very active in educating and training litigators. He has also been a sessional lecturer at the universities of Montreal and Moncton, at Laval University in Québec City, and for the Quebec Bar Admission Program. He is the co-author of a treatise on advocacy techniques and is a frequent speaker and panellist on various issues.
As a specialist in complex litigation, Michel Jolin appears before specialized tribunals and the civil courts, including the Quebec Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
He has considerable expertise in civil, commercial and public law, which has enabled him to act in significant litigation matters for the governments of Canada and Quebec, numerous organizations and Crown corporations, and public and private business corporations. His practice also includes constitutional law and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, as well as civil, commercial, securities, natural resources, medical and disciplinary law.
Advocacy Techniques Workshop, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1981
Civil Law, LL.L., Laval University, 1970
Rankings & Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Canada 2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2021
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2021
- Benchmark Litigation Canada 2020
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2020
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2020
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2019
- Benchmark Litigation Canada 2019
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition on Canada’s Leading Litigation Lawyers 2018
- Lexpert Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining 2018
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2019
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2018
- Benchmark Canada 2018
- Lexpert Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining 2017
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2018
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2017
- Benchmark Canada 2017
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2016
- Benchmark Canada 2016
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2016
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2015
- Benchmark Canada 2015
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2015
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2014
- Benchmark Canada 2014
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2014
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2013
The Best Lawyers in Canada 2011 to 2013
Areas of Practice
Mont Sainte-Anne and Sépaq Ratify an Agreement
Mont Sainte-Anne and the Société des Établissements de plein air du Québec (Sépaq) have recently announced the ratification of an agreement, amending some transaction clauses brought in during the transfer of Mont Sainte-Anne Station in 1994.
Gasoline Price-Fixing Cartel: Class Action
Langlois Kronström Desjardins has succeeded in dismissing a motion for permission to institute a class action against its client Canadian Tire Corporation Limited (“Canadian Tire”) which was alleged to be a member of a cartel that fixed the price of gasoline in the cities of Victoriaville, Sherbrooke, Magog and Thetford Mines.
Since 2012 – Member of the Board of Directors of the firm