The Transportation Law team at Langlois Lawyers represents clients in rail transportation cases. We understand the issues in this industry and we represent a variety of clients in both litigation and other cases. We are familiar with the workings of the various boards and agencies that regulate the actors in this industry.
We regularly provide legal opinions concerning the rights and obligations of owners of goods and carriers under rail shipping contracts.
Our team represents our clients in areas that include:
- Acquisition of land for easements;
- Litigation involving rail companies and transit authorities;
- Public consultations;
- Construction and operation of railways;
- Consultations with federal and provincial authorities;
- Applications to regulatory bodies;
- Regulatory processes to obtain operating certificates;
- Environmental processes.