The Transportation Law team at Langlois lawyers represents clients in cases involving the transportation of goods of all kinds. We are proud to be able to offer these services for all forms of transportation, including trucking, but also including the very specialized maritime and rail sectors. We understand the issues in this industry and we represent a variety of clients at all stages of their activities, including both litigation and other cases. We are familiar with the particular workings of the various boards and agencies that regulate the actors in these industries.
We regularly provide legal opinions concerning the rights and obligations of owners of goods and carriers under shipping contracts.
Our team represents our clients in areas that include:
- Acquisition of land for easements;
- Litigation involving shipping companies;
- Public consultations;
- Consultations with federal and provincial authorities;
- Incorporating companies;
- Applications to regulatory bodies;
- Expropriation processes;
- Regulatory processes to obtain operating certificates;
- Environmental processes.