Lawyer - Montréal
Sandra Desjardins is a lawyer in the Montréal office of Langlois lawyers. A member of the litigation group, her practice is focused on commercial litigation, particularly in the areas of insurance, professional liability, banking and securities law, and class actions.
Sandra represents a number of corporations in litigious matters involving extraordinary remedies such as injunctions, as well as in judicial review proceedings. She also appears on behalf of clients before administrative tribunals, particularly in matters involving access to information requests.
2010-2011 – North American Common Law (Juris Doctor), University of Montréal
2007-2009 – LL.B., Civil Law, University of Montréal
Areas of Practice
- Represented a private corporation in oppression-remedy proceedings involving opposing shareholders;
- Represented a major financial institution in oppression-remedy proceedings involving the interpretation of a shareholder agreement;
- Represented a major financial institution in two class actions involving securities;
- Represented professionals in civil liability lawsuits and before various administrative tribunals and disciplinary committees;
- Represented a public corporation in a civil liability lawsuit;
- Represented a public corporation in a disciplinary matter before the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
2018 – “Commentaire sur la décision Pollués de Montréal-Trudeau c. Aéroports de Montréal – La définition du groupe visé par une action collective en matière de troubles de voisinage” (Case comment on Pollués de Montréal-Trudeau v. Aéroports de Montréal – Definition of the class in a class action for neighbourhood disturbances), Repères, Yvon Blais, Montréal, July 2018, EYB2018REP2511
2017 – “Judgment-Sharing Agreements”, co-authored with Vincent de l’Étoile, Colloque national sur l’action collective, Développements récents au Québec, au Canada et aux États-Unis, Service de la formation continue, Barreau du Québec, Volume 428, 2017, p. 1.
Member of the board of directors of Diagonale, an artist-run center for contemporary art
Young Bar Association of Montreal