In the context of the crisis created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Quebec will, starting on March 19, 2020, and in partnership with the Red Cross, make it possible for workers who cannot earn their full income and who are not eligible for another program to receive financial assistance of $573 per week for a period of 14 days. An extension of 14 more days is possible if justified by the worker’s health status.
Workers will be eligible for this aid if:
- they do not receive any compensation from their employer;
- they do not have private insurance (this is the case for the majority of self-employed workers);
- they do not benefit from Employment Insurance coverage.
Only workers who are in isolation for the following reasons will be eligible for this assistance:
- they contracted the virus or are showing symptoms of it;
- they have been in contact with an affected person;
- they are coming back from abroad.
In addition to these three conditions for isolation, the program is only available to workers who reside in Quebec and are 18 years of age or older.
We continue to monitor developments and will keep you informed as soon as more news is released.