Lawyer - Montréal
Lawyer - Montréal
Olivier Scheffer is a lawyer in the business law group in Langlois Lawyers’ Montréal office. He joined Langlois in the summer of 2017 as a law student, and subsequently completed his articles at the firm in 2018.
While at the firm, Olivier has worked on a wide variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions. He has gained experience in drafting various agreements and corporate documents, such as purchase and sale agreements and shareholder agreements. He has also acted in files involving environmental and energy law, in which he dealt with issues involving aboriginal law and governance.
Before studying law, Olivier studied Psychology and Political Science at McGill University.
He practices law in English and French.
LL.B./B.C.L., McGill University, 2017
B.A., McGill University, 2014
Certificate, Arts and Science, University of Montréal, 2011
Areas of Practice
- 2022 – Modernization of the legal framework regarding personal information protection: What you need to know in connection with commercial transactions
- 2020 – A further step towards the modernization of Quebec’s environmental authorization regime
- 2020 – Heritage Handoff Holdings, LLC v. Ronald Fontanella: the importance of fundamental representations and warranties in mergers and acquisitions
- 2020 – Buyer’s responsibility in mergers & acquisitions: Superior Court clarifies the extent of a buyer’s duty to inquire into a company’s financial condition
- 2019 – New Cannabis Products: Changes Are Coming to the Federal Legal Framework in 2019
- 2021 – Langlois represented a leading producer of premium certified organically grown cannabis in a sale of assets
- 2021 – Langlois assists Victoriaville & Co. Inc. in completing a series of four acquisitions
- 2021 – Langlois represented the principal shareholders of IBS-TUBOQUIP Industrial Equipment in its recent acquisition by Ficodis
- 2020 – Solina, TGOD and goPeer choose Langlois to assist with their business transactions
- 2019 – Retrospective 2018 | 10 Successes for Langlois’ Transactional Group