Lawyer - Quebec City
Jonathan Garneau, CHRP, is a labour and employment lawyer at Langlois lawyers’ Quebec City office. He assists his colleagues and clients in matters involving all aspects of this field of practice. He also has a keen interest in immigration law.
Prior to studying law at Université Laval, he completed a B.A. in International Studies and Modern Languages at that institution. He is currently pursuing a master’s degree in Business Administration (M.B.A) with a concentration in Occupational Health and Safety Management.
He practices law in both English and French.
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Occupational Health and Safety Management, Université Laval, ongoing
LL.B., Civil Law, Université Laval, 2016
B.A., International Studies and Modern Languages, Université Laval, 2014
Areas of Practice
- 2020 – COVID-19 – April 28, 2020 update: gradual reopening of certain economic sectors
- 2019 – Personnel placement agencies and temporary foreign worker recruitment agencies: a new regulation changes the game, be prepared
- 2019 – Is Confidential Information in Your Municipal Archives Provided by Contractors Actually Available to Anyone?
- 2019 – No Double Compensation During the Summer for Teachers Entitled to Income Replacement Benefits
- 2019 – Busboys in a Restaurant Are Employees Who Receive Gratuities or Tips, the Court of Appeal Rules
Since 2020 – Order of certified human resources professionals (CHRP)
Since 2017 – Member of Jeune Barreau de Québec (Young Bar of Quebec City)