Justine is a member of the civil and commercial litigation practice group at Langlois’ Montreal office. As such, she represents and advises organizations and companies on an array of civil and commercial law disputes, which involve banking law, product liability, consumer protection and access to information.
In her practice, Justine represents companies and organizations before various levels of the Québec courts, including administrative tribunals. Justine regularly provides advice on issues involving marketing and advertising in the media, public contract integrity requirements, French language standards, as well as compliance with consumer protection laws.
She practices law in English and French.
B.C.L./LL.B., integrated Bachelor of Civil Law and Common Law program, McGill University, 2015
Areas of Practice
- 2020 – Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2020 (Bill C-11) – Overview of changes to the applicable regime
- 2020 – Privacy protection in Quebec: an overview of amendments to the law governing the private sector
- 2018 – The New Mandatory Data Breach Reporting Regimes: Four Key Elements
- 2018 – Unenforceability in the U.S. a Non-Starter When Google Returns to the BC Supreme Court
- 2018 – Drafting a Mediation Clause: Important Factors to Consider
- 2018 – Not Just a “Beer Case” : The Supreme Court Confirms the Constitutionality of Certain Provincial Non-Tariff Trade Barriers
- 2018 – Free Internet-Service Contracts Caught up by Consumer Protection Legislation in Quebec
2019 – “Commentaire sur la décision Benisty c. Kloda – L’authenticité : le sens juridique du terme” (Case comment on Benisty v. Kloda – Authenticity: the legal meaning of the term), co-authored with Elisabeth Neelin, Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, June 2019, EYB2019REP2771.
2019 – “The Autorité des marchés publics is the new actor in the Quebec public contracts regime”, co-authored with Sophie Perreault, Canadian Lawyer, April 30, 2019.
2018 – “Free Internet-Service Contracts Caught up by Consumer Protection Legislation in Quebec”, co-authored with Justine Brien, Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada, Volume 18, Number 11, March 2018.
Since 2017 – Member of the Jeunes Premiers committee of the Théâtre du Nouveau Monde (TNM)
Since 2017 – Member of the board of directors of the association of Quebec landscape architects (AAPQ)