Lawyer - Montréal
Justine is a member of the civil and commercial litigation practice group at Langlois’ Montréal office. As such, she represents and advises organizations and companies on an array of civil and commercial law disputes, which involve banking law, product liability, consumer protection and access to information.
In her practice, Justine represents companies and organizations before various levels of the Québec courts, including administrative tribunals. Justine regularly provides advice on issues involving marketing and advertising in the media, public contract integrity requirements, French language standards, as well as compliance with consumer protection laws.
She practises law in English and French.
B.C.L./LL.B., integrated Bachelor of Civil Law and Common Law program, McGill University, 2015
Rankings & Recognitions
Areas of Practice
- 2022 – The analytical framework specific to seizure before judgment: distinction with the debate on the merits of the case
- 2022 – Reform to the Charter of the French Language: an overview of the main amendments
- 2021 – A step towards the right to be forgotten: a developing story
- 2021 – Privacy rights at the frontier of the burden of proof of injury
- 2021 – New ban on reimbursements affecting patient support programs
- 2020 – Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2020 (Bill C-11) – Overview of changes to the applicable regime
- 2020 – Privacy protection in Quebec: an overview of amendments to the law governing the private sector
- 2018 – The New Mandatory Data Breach Reporting Regimes: Four Key Elements
- 2018 – Unenforceability in the U.S. a Non-Starter When Google Returns to the BC Supreme Court
- 2018 – Drafting a Mediation Clause: Important Factors to Consider
- 2018 – Not Just a “Beer Case” : The Supreme Court Confirms the Constitutionality of Certain Provincial Non-Tariff Trade Barriers
- 2018 – Free Internet-Service Contracts Caught up by Consumer Protection Legislation in Quebec
2022 – “Le commerce électronique” (e-Commerce), co-authored with Vincent de l’Étoile, in Guide de démarrage de l’entreprise, 3rd Edition, Young Bar of Montreal, p. 71.
2021 – “L’intégrité et les contrats publics depuis la création de l’Autorité des marchés publics”, co-authored with Sophie Perreault, [in French only] Éditions Yvon Blais, 2021.
2021 – Author, “2020 in Review : An exciting year of the CAI”, the Canadian Bar Association website, March 3, 2021.
2020 – “Commentaire sur la décision Bougie c. 9213 Québec inc. – Pratique interdite sanctionnée par la Cour du Québec : la vente de véhicules d’essai à titre de véhicules neufs” (Case Comment on the Bougie v. 9213 Québec inc. – Prohibited practice sanctioned by the Québec Court: Selling Test Vehicles as New), [in French only in] Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, July 2020, EYB2020REP3117
2019 – “Commentaire sur la décision Benisty c. Kloda – L’authenticité : le sens juridique du terme” (Case comment on Benisty v. Kloda – Authenticity: the legal meaning of the term), co-authored with Elisabeth Neelin, Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, June 2019, EYB2019REP2771.
2019 – “The Autorité des marchés publics is the new actor in the Quebec public contracts regime”, co-authored with Sophie Perreault, Canadian Lawyer, April 30, 2019.
2018 – “Free Internet-Service Contracts Caught up by Consumer Protection Legislation in Quebec”, co-authored with Justine Brien, Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada, Volume 18, Number 11, March 2018.
Since 2017 – Member of the Jeunes Premiers committee of the Théâtre du Nouveau Monde (TNM)