Lawyer, Partner - Montréal
Annie Bourgeois, CHRP, is a partner in Langlois Lawyers’ Montréal office. She practices labour and employment law and general litigation. She advises employers on labour relations issues at both the collective and individual levels, particularly with respect to labour standards, individual actions, drafting employment agreements, non-competition and loyalty obligations, dismissal, disciplinary measures and human rights in the workplace.
Whether in labour and employment law or general litigation, Annie assists her clients throughout all stages of a file, including legal research, developing strategy and drafting proceedings. She also represents her clients on a regular basis before the civil courts, administrative tribunals, specialized tribunals and arbitration panels.
While at university, Annie was a member of Laval University’s Rouge et Or track & field and cross-country team, and competed in national competitions. Her experiences as an athlete have drawn her more and more into the field of sports law, where she provides legal advice to sports federations and athletes, namely in connection with team selection and disciplinary sanctions. She also represents the Canadian anti-doping authorities.
Annie practices law in both English and French.
2010 – Bachelor’s degree in Common Law, LL.B, Dalhousie University
2008 – Bachelor’s degree in Civil Law, LL.B., Laval University
Areas of Practice
- 2019 – Symposium 2019 – Labour & Employment Law
- 2018 – Sixth Annual Training Symposium on Labour and Employment Law 2018 | Dealing with a Campaign for Union Certification: How to Prevent It, or How to Come to Terms with and Even Benefit from It
- 2017 – Employment Law, Former Employee’s Obligation of Loyalty, and Protection of Business Secrets
- 2017 – Symposium on Labour & Employment Law
- 2016 – Employment Law, Former Employee’s Obligation of Loyalty, and Protection of Business Secrets
- 2016 – Symposium on Labour & Employment Law
- 2015 – Symposium on Labour & Employment Law
- 2014 – Symposium on Labour & Employment Law
2018 – Speaker, “Webinar on cannabis in the workplace”, in collaboration with Groupe-conseil Solertia, November 2018
2018 – Speaker at a conference on cannabis in the workplace, in collaboration with Groupe-conseil Solertia and Brassard Goulet Yargeau, October 2018
2018 – Conference presentation on dealing with a union, before, during and after, in collaboration with André Sasseville, Langlois Lawyers, October 2018
2008 – Participated in the preparation of a conference presentation by Michel Jolin concerning the judiciary, entitled “A comparative analysis of Canada, Québec, the United States, France and England”.
Women in Sports Law
Order of certified human resources professionals (CHRP)
Young Bar of Montreal