The Langlois lawyers team has the resources that are needed for representing clients in regulatory investigations and are prepared to provide representation from the moment that authorities initiate an investigation up to and including trial. These investigations generate numerous substantive issues, in particular concerning charges under the Criminal Code, the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act, the Competition Act, the Income Tax Act, and various statutes enacted by different levels of government relating to securities, the environment, and other subjects.
We offer services and advice in areas that include:
- Administrative orders and administrative monetary penalties;
- Crisis management;
- Representation of companies in investigations and prosecutions for price-fixing and bid-rigging;
- Representation of clients in investigations under the Income Tax Act;
- Risk management, regulatory and criminal law compliance;
- Risk management;
- Search warrants and orders;
- Triggering an ethics alert.