Labour relations are very different in Quebec than elsewhere, being subject to a unique set of rules, procedures, customs, and methods. The Langlois lawyers Labour Relations group represents employers, including private companies and organizations in the public and para-public sectors.
Employers with operations in a unionized setting may be faced with labour relations issues that call for strategic advice. We can provide these employers with advice that takes full account of the company’s business goals. We represent employers before arbitration boards, the Tribunal administratif du travail and the Canada Industrial Relations Board. We handle matters that come before the civil courts, including in the context of injunction applications and extraordinary remedies.
Our expertise focuses on the following aspects:
- Administrative action cases;
- Applications for a declaration of single employer;
- Certification applications;
- Collective agreement interpretation issues;
- Contracting-out disputes;
- Decertification applications;
- Discipline and discharge cases;
- Human rights and freedoms issues;
- Pension plan and benefits issues;
- Policy grievances;
- Strikes, picketing, and replacement worker applications;
- Unfair labour practice complaints;
- Work assignment cases.