Understanding and incorporating the environmental legislative and regulatory framework governing corporations, projects, lenders and public bodies is critical to protecting the legacy left for future generations while taking into account the current climate of increasing competition.
The Langlois lawyers team has the expertise to advise corporations and authorities alike on the methods and processes that should be adopted in various sectors such as energy, real estate, mining, and infrastructure.
Our services focus on the following aspects:
- Legal and strategic advice as well as representation in the context of the environmental assessment study process;
- Determination of the extent of impacts and environmental assessment;
- Assistance as well as legal and strategic advice in the preparation of environmental audit reports;
- Preparation and drafting of permit and authorization applications submitted to planning authorities;
- Environmental due diligence for commercial transactions relating to acquisitions, mergers or financing;
- Strategic advice in the analysis phase of a project or during the course of a project;
- Permit applications, due diligence, and compliance assessment;
- Water, soil, and natural resource protection;
- Issues relating to climate change, such as emissions trading, offsets and carbon pricing;
- Legal and strategic advice pertaining to the drafting of authorization applications and the filing of notices of contamination and decontamination;
- Management of requests for access to information in environmental matters;
- Negotiations with interest groups and government agencies;
- Representation of clients in all types of environmental litigation.
We capitalize on the effectiveness of our multidisciplinary approach, drawing on the pooled expertise of the members of our firm and developing strategic partnerships with professionals in related fields of practice in order to offer our clients the most appropriate and cutting-edge solutions.