The Langlois lawyers Construction Litigation team can train, assist and represent stakeholders in this complex industry, at the pre-construction, construction and post-construction stages.
We prioritize prevention and dispute resolution:
- Accredited in-house training programs;
- Project planning (feasibility, financing, security and suretyships, permits, zoning and authorizations, networking);
- Negotiating, drafting and presenting contract documents, for all operating methods (public/private, design-construction, enterprise, management for services, management for services and construction);
- Legal management of tenders (instructions and opinions, compliance, BSDQ);
- Legal management of projects (payments and withholdings, opinions, and contractual processes);
- Security and suretyships;
- Strategic advice and mediation.
Our team also has recognized expertise in construction litigation:
- Debt recovery (unpaid balances and withholdings);
- Claims (delays, unforeseen circumstances, changes to the work, and so on);
- Warranties, poor workmanship, and manufacturing/construction/design defects;
- Legal hypothecs, other security and suretyships;
- Termination and defects;
- Tenders (compliance, BSDQ, equivalencies);
- Environment and contamination;
- Real estate (purchase/sale, leases);
- Professional liability;
- Bankruptcy and insolvency;
- Revenu Québec and Canada Revenue Agency;
- Courts, arbitration, BAPE, CPTAQ, and other administrative bodies.