The specialist team at Langlois Lawyers lends its clients legal and operational assistance at various stages of a project. Working with the project manager, we oversee all of the regulatory and legal aspects of the project’s development. Our firm has been involved in a wide range of projects in many different sectors, including the agricultural, energy (hydroelectricity, renewable energy), gas, infrastructure, mining, utilities, and transportation sectors.
Our expertise extends to the following broad aspects:
- Advice on urban planning, construction, and environmental issues;
- Advice regarding subcontractors for operation and maintenance;
- Assistance managing execution incidents;
- Builder’s risk prevention;
- Collateral security;
- Contracting with third parties;
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts;
- Intellectual property;
- Land rights;
- Litigation and claim management;
- Organization of the professional team and schedule;
- Problem management and examining claims;
- Risk management (analysis, prevention, and social acceptability);
- Stakeholder relations;
- Worker health protection and safety.
We also provide advice on the legal requirements for invitations to tender and awarding contracts.