While the rules governing the awarding of municipal contracts through the tendering process have been in place for a number of years now, they have become considerably stricter and more complex in recent years.
Our team has developed unique expertise in contract law and public procurement matters. We also intervene to effectively support our clients at every stage of public contract management. Beyond professional experience, this proven know-how is the result of our efforts to enhance best contractual practices and to ensure that our clients adopt them, especially in the municipal and provincial sectors.
We offer a complete range of services, including:
- opinions and advice to clients engaging procurement managers on all issues pertaining to compliance with the public contract award process;
- opinions and advice on:
- preparation of solicitation and bid documents;
- review of the eligibility and compliance of submitted bids;
- assessment of partner, supplier, and contractor performance;
- contract management, accountability, and ensuring compliance with contractual processes;
- reviewing contract-management policies based on the particular circumstances of each organization and applicable ministry policies;
- representing businesses in court on all public procurement related matters.
Our contributions to furthering knowledge in this field include our lawyers’ many publications, as well as our public procurement discussion group, Contrats publics Québec, on LinkedIn, which today has over 1,600 members.