Entertainment, Media and Communications
The Entertainment, Media and Communications group at Langlois lawyers is actively involved in the culture and entertainment industries. We are retained by clients in cases relating to film, television, music, multimedia, advertising and publishing, to meet the needs of creators, producers, distributors, publishers and associations.
Our expertise includes the following areas:
- Contributing to business and legal strategies;
- Drafting and negotiating specialized contracts (licence assignments, and production, distribution and publishing contracts);
- Drafting commercial agreements, including shareholder agreements, employment contracts, and non-disclosure and non-competition agreements;
- General commercial litigation, including copyright and personality rights infringement;
- Legal advice relating to the legislation, regulations and practices that govern the industry;
- Representation before specialized tribunals and administrative tribunals.