Paralegal - Montréal
Catherine provides support to the members of the business law team in files involving corporate law. She assists lawyers in a variety of matters such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, taxation, and commercial transactions. She also prepares documents of incorporation, amendment, continuance and dissolution, extra-provincial registrations, rollovers, estate freezes, and other operations involving shares.
She participates in the due diligence process by examining minute books and ensuring they have been properly kept. She also performs various searches in provincial and federal registries and on-line data bases, analyzes the results and prepares search reports in support of legal opinions rendered by the firm.
1998 – College Diploma in Paralegal Technology, O’Sullivan College, Montréal
Langlois Acts for Victoriaville & Co. in an Important Acquisition
Langlois Lawyers acted as lead counsel for Victoriaville & Co., one of the largest wood casket manufacturer in North America, in its acquisition of all the shares of Alliance St-Laurent Casket Corporation, a subsidiary of Matthews International Corporation (NASDAQ: MATW), based in Edmundston, New Brunswick.
Avant-Garde Sécurité Inc.
Represented the purchaser, Avant-Garde Sécurité Inc., in its acquisition of all the shares of Consultants S.P.I. Inc.
Avant-Garde Sécurité Inc. and Sectek Inc.
Represented these two corporations that are now part of Groupe Avant-Garde, which has over 500 employees and is the only security business in Quebec with its own IP video surveillance centre.
- 2021 – Langlois assists Victoriaville & Co. Inc. in completing a series of four acquisitions
- 2021 – Langlois represented the principal shareholders of IBS-TUBOQUIP Industrial Equipment in its recent acquisition by Ficodis
- 2020 – Solina, TGOD and goPeer choose Langlois to assist with their business transactions
- 2019 – Retrospective 2018 | 10 Successes for Langlois’ Transactional Group
- 2018 – Retrospective of Langlois’ 10 Most Representative Mergers & Acquisitions Mandates of 2017
2021 – Member of the International Practice Management Association (IPMA)
2000 – Member of the Canadian Association of Paralegals