Lawyer, Partner - Quebec City
Lawyer, Partner - Quebec City
Nathalie Dubé is a litigator practising primarily in the areas of insurance law and professional and disciplinary law. Her versatility allows her to act before all levels of the courts and well as before disciplinary and even penal tribunals. She represents insurers in subrogatory proceedings, advises on coverage issues and defends insurers and their insured in a variety of litigious matters including actions based on civil and professional liability.
Her expertise in disciplinary law led her to co-author, with other lawyers of the firm, a summary of professional law that was published in 2007. She is able to act in professional law in the regulatory sphere, in disciplinary matters, in investigations for illegal practice of a profession or unlawful use of the title of a professional, and in providing advice to professional orders including their boards of directors, professional inspection committees and review committees.
LL. B., Civil Law, Université Laval, 2000
Certificate in Social Services, Université Laval, 1995
Rankings & Recognitions
1999 – Award for best pleader and best mooting pair at Laval University’s “Coupe du Doyen” moot court competition
Areas of Practice
Worked on numerous legal opinions on insurance coverage.
9124-4541 Québec Inc. et al. v. Intact Assurance
Langlois successfully contested a claim by Intact’s insured following a fire in a poultry processing plant. Despite the insurer’s insistence that restoration measures be taken, the insured failed to do so. The latter nevertheless maintained that their loss of clientele and the progressive deterioration of the premises were attributable to the insurer, from which they claimed over $8 million. This matter involved the obligations of the parties to an insurance contract following a loss, particularly the insured’s obligation to minimize its losses. The importance of this obligation, discussed at first instance, was emphasized by the Court of Appeal.
- 2023 – Immunity of syndic experts
- 2021 – The importance of the mandatory annual declaration for professionals
- 2020 – The Disciplinary Council’s duty to assist an unrepresented party
- 2019 – Bill 29: Overview of Proposed Amendments to the Professional Code
- 2019 – Application of the Police Informer Privilege to the Syndic of a Professional Order
- 2018 – Section 59.1 of the Professional Code: Stricter Sanctions and Management of Proceedings
- 2018 – Imposing a Period of Refresher Training: Exercise of the Discretionary Power of the Executive Committee of a Professional Order
- 2017 – Will the Jordan Decision Have an Impact on Disciplinary Law?
- 2012 – The Role of the Tribunal des professions: True Appellate Jurisdiction or Judicial Review in Disguise?
2007 – VILLENEUVE Jean-Guy, DUBÉ Nathalie, HOBDAY Tina, DESHARNAIS Delbie, LEBEL François, COSSETTE Marie, Précis de droit professionnel (Summary of Professional Law), Éditions Yvon Blais Inc., Cowansville
Since 2013 – Member of the Quebec Association of Women in Finance (AFFQ) and involvement in the Quebec Committee
2009-2011 – President of the Professional Development Committee of the Québec City Junior Bar Association
2002-2009 – Involvement in the Committee of the Québec City Junior Bar Association
Since 2004 – Member of the Quebec Association of Women in Insurance (AFAQ)
From 2004 to 2006 – Member of the Board of Directors of Maison Kinsmen Marie-Rollet