Xavier Berwald-Grégoire is a lawyer in the firm’s labour and employment law group.
He primarily advises employers regarding issues arising in virtually all labour and employment matters. He acts in connection with both individual employment relations and collective agreements, and with a particular emphasis on health and safety matters.
Xavier joined Langlois Lawyers in March 2018 after completing his articles and practicing in the labour and employment law department at a national firm.
In the course of his studies, Xavier worked as a research assistant for professors in civil and public law at the law faculty of Université de Montréal. He is currently completing a Master of Laws thesis on the role of derivatives in the 2008 financial crisis.
Master’s Degree in Business Law, Université de Montréal, 2019
LL.B., Civil Law, Université de Montréal, 2014
Certificate in Chinese Law, University of Political Science and Law, Beijing, 2013
- 2021 – COVID-19: the government is tightening restrictions; how will this impact employers?
- 2020 – The Ocean Nutrition case: An employee is entitled to his incentive plan throughout the notice period
- 2020 – Discrimination in hiring: what level of risk should an employer assume?
- 2019 – Draft Regulation Respecting Personnel Placement Agencies: Consultations Underway on Likely Impacts
- 2018 – Resignation Without Notice: The Court of Appeal Rules!
- 2018 – Why an Employer Should Review Its Internal Policies in Light of Bill C-45?
2019 ‒ “Resignation Without Notice: The Court of Appeal Rules!”, co-authored with Marie-Hélène Jetté, Employment and Labour Law Reporter, Volume 28, Number 11, LexisNexis Canada Inc., February 2019.
2018 – “Widespread strike among crane operators in Quebec: A backlash to new regulation”, co-authored with Éric Thibaudeau, The Lawyer’s Daily, July 2018.
- 2020 – Series of Workshops on Labour and Employment Law 2019-2020 | Personnel Placement Agencies and the Businesses That Use Them Should Be Aware of a New Reality
- 2019 – Series of Workshops on Labour and Employment Law 2019-2020 | Non-Compliance of the Act Respecting Occupational Health and Safety: Much More Than Fines!