The Best Lawyers in Canada 2022
36 Langlois lawyers selected for the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada, including two Lawyers of the Year
Montréal, August 26, 2021 – Langlois Lawyers is being recognized in the 2022 edition of the prestigious legal directory Best Lawyers in Canada, with 36 of its lawyers selected in some 30 practice areas.
Furthermore, Paul-Arthur Gendreau and Tina Hobday were named Lawyer of the Year in their respective areas of Administrative and Public Law and Employee Benefits Law.
“The firm is thrilled with the many awards earned by our lawyers, who are among the most influential in their fields. The recognition by Best Lawyers in Canada reflects the talent and depth of expertise of the members of our firm and confirms our position as a leading regional law firm in Canada. My heartiest congratulations to our team for this great achievement!” said Jean-François Gagnon, CEO.
The following lawyers have been recognized in their respective fields:
- Vikki Andrighetti – Alternative Dispute Resolution; Construction Law; Insurance Law; Professional Malpractice Law (**)
- Yann Bernard – Education Law
- Catherine Biron – Labour and Employment Law
- Marie–Claude Carrier – Construction Law
- Jean Patrick Dallaire (*) – Construction Law
- Mylany David – Corporate Law; Energy Law
- Vincent de l’Étoile – Class Action Litigation; Product Liability Law
- Caroline Deschênes (*) – Privacy and Data Security Law
- Isabelle Desharnais – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Danielle Ferron – Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Jean-François Gagnon – Construction Law; Corporate and Commercial Litigation; Director and Officer Liability Practice; Insurance Law; Professional Malpractice Law
- Paul-Arthur Gendreau – Lawyer of the Year – Administrative and Public Law
- Lucien Godbout – Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Marc Gravel – Labour and Employment Law
- Jean Grégoire – Maritime Law; Transportation Law
- Sean Griffin – Class Action Litigation(**); Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- William D. Hart – Corporate Law
- Tina Hobday – Lawyer of the Year – Employee Benefits Law; Administrative and Public Law (**); Corporate Governance Practice; Employee Benefits Law
- Michel Huart – Environmental Law; Railroad Law; Transportation Law
- Marie-Hélène Jetté – Labour and Employment Law
- Michel Jolin – Administrative and Public Law; Appellate Practice; Corporate and Commercial Litigation; Legal Malpractice Law; Medical Negligence
- Sébastien Laprise – Administrative and Public Law
- Pierre Y. Lefebvre – Alternative Dispute Resolution; Class Action Litigation; Corporate and Commercial Litigation; International Arbitration; Product Liability Law (**)
- Valérie Lemaire – Insurance Law; Product Liability Law; Professional Malpractice Law (**)
- Katherine Loranger (*) – Insurance Law
- John G. O’Connor – Energy Law; Maritime Law; Transportation Law
- René Paquette – Education Law
- Sophie Perreault – Class Action Litigation; Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Marianne Plamondon (*) – Labour and Employment Law
- Richard R. Provost – Construction Law; Insurance Law; Legal Malpractice Law; Product Liability Law, Professional Malpractice Law (**)
- François Rolland – Alternative Dispute Resolution; International Arbitration (**)
- André Sasseville – Labour and Employment Law
- Éric Savard – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Tommy Tremblay – Corporate and Commercial Litigation; Corporate Governance Practice (**)
- Paule Veilleux – Education Law
- Jean-François Vézina – Construction Law
(*) Lawyers ranked for the first time in Best Lawyers.
(**) New category.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected lawyer ranking service in the world. For almost 40 years, Best Lawyers has assisted those in need of legal services to identify the lawyers best qualified to represent them in distant jurisdictions or specialized areas. Best Lawyers lists are published in leading local, regional, and national publications across the globe.
About Langlois Lawyers
Langlois Lawyers is Québec’s largest independent law firm, with nearly 150 practising lawyers in the Greater Montréal and the city of Québec areas and around 300 team members working to provide our clients with a complete range of high-quality legal services in civil and commercial litigation, business law, and labour and employment law. With a reputation for excellence, the firm has received numerous distinctions in 2020, including being named Regional Law Firm of the Year in Canada by Chambers and Partners and ranking first among the Top 10 Québec Regional Law Firms in Canadian Lawyer magazine.
Public Relations Specialist
T +1 438 844 7800
M +1 514 951 0553