Succession and Family Matters
Whether you need help with transferring your business to the next generation, planning your will for the benefit of your immediate or extended family, drafting a protection mandate or settling the estate of a family member, our team can assist you at all stages of estate planning and settlement.
- Drafting of wills, testamentary trusts, protection mandates, powers of attorney and living wills;
- Estate and post-mortem planning;
- Settlement of successions (estates);
- Estate litigation, annulment of wills, motions for the replacement of a liquidator or trustee, amendment of a trust deed or termination of a trust;
- Establishing a protective supervision regime, including homologation of a protection mandate;
- Settlement of a foreign estate or a succession that includes foreign assets;
- Divorce and separation proceedings;
- Child custody and alimony;
- Drafting marriage contracts and common-law spousal agreements;
- Motions for the division of assets.