Lawyer, Partner - Quebec City and Wendake
Kateri Vincent is a partner in the Quebec City and Wendake offices of Langlois lawyers. Her practice is focused on Aboriginal law, administrative law, labour law, occupational health and safety law and civil law.
Kateri has developed specific expertise in the application of laws on First Nations reserves and in elections held under customary election codes or pursuant to the Indian Act, as well as in the drafting of administrative bylaws and regulations, and customary laws. She is involved in negotiations with governments on an ongoing basis and participates in the implementation of economic development projects involving indigenous communities.
Kateri is a member of the Huron-Wendat Nation. Having long been involved in Aboriginal affairs, she is particularly interested in issues involving First Nations.
She carries on her practice in both English and French.
Admitted to the Quebec Bar, 2008
LL.B., Civil Law, Laval University, 2006
Rankings & Recognitions
Awarded the Quebec Bar Medal, 2016
Areas of Practice
Retrospective 2018 | 10 Successes for Langlois’ Transactional Group
In 2018 Langlois was the law firm of choice of several major organizations for their mergers & acquisitions-related transactions. The transactional group at Langlois assisted important groups of businesses as well as foreign multinationals with several major projects, including strategic acquisitions, financings and equity investments. It was an interesting and active year rich in challenges for Langlois’ transactional group!
- 2018 – Langlois’ 2018 Partners Are All Women
- 2017 – Kateri Vincent to take part in cross-country engagement sessions on First Nations matrimonial real property rights
- 2017 – Kateri Vincent gives two radio interviews on Supreme Court of Canada decisions concerning the National Energy Board and First Nations
- 2017 – Kateri Vincent joins the Quebec Bar’s aboriginal law advisory committee
- 2017 – Kateri Vincent, an Expert in Aboriginal Law, Joins Langlois
2016 – “Pay equity: what are my obligations as an employer?”, newsletter Le Diagnostic of the veterinary cooperative Univet
2015 – “Recourses against prohibited employment practices and unjust dismissal”, newsletter Le Diagnostic of veterinary cooperative Univet
2013 – Guest on television program Le Droit de savoir, Aboriginal law edition, broadcast on Télé-Québec
- 2019 – Education Law – Review of the 2018 Case Law
- 2019 – Symposium 2019 – Employment & Labour Law
- 2018 – Fifth Continuing Legal Education Symposium Labour and Employment Law 2018 | Managing Addiction Issues
- 2018 – Third Symphony | Training Session on Aboriginal Law
2018 – Conference presentation on indigenous rights, realities and cultural competencies for lawyers, Continuing Legal Education program of the Quebec Bar
2018 – Conference presentation on the social and legal context of indigenous peoples in Quebec, Judicial training secretariat
2018 – Presentation to the Montreal Centre for International Studies CÉRIUM Summer School on Human Rights at University of Montréal
2017 – Conference presentation on Justice in Aboriginal Communities, Symposium of Eastern regional judges of the Court of Québec, May 25
Since 2015 – Member of the board of directors of daycare centre CPE Yononhwe’e
2009 to 2013, 2017 – Member of the board of directors of Quebec Native Women Inc.
Since 2018 – Member of the Quebec Bar’s aboriginal law committee