Guillaume François Larouche
Guillaume François Larouche practices mainly in public business law and business law for Langlois Lawyers in Montréal. He is a member of the firm’s France-Canada practice group.
Guillaume François began his career as a political advisor for the Minister of International Relations and Francophonie in Quebec, as head of the France, Europe, Africa and Middle East regions and as a speechwriter. In this capacity, he collaborated in the development of several international projects and participated in diplomatic missions in Europe and Africa.
During his studies, he represented the Université Laval team at the 2018 Laskin Moot Court Competition in public and administrative law, for which his team won third place. He also worked as a research assistant for an international law professor at Université Laval. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil law from Université Laval and an advanced certificate in French and European law from Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas.
Guillaume François is also actively involved in his community. He currently serves on the board of directors for the Quebec Section of the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Canada, the Quebec Section of the Canadian International Council and has also served on the boards of Université Laval and of the Société de développement commercial de l’avenue Maguire.
Guillaume François has a keen interest in government relations as well as in media and public relations for the projects with which he is involved. He practices law in French and English.
Advanced Certificate in French and European Law (with distinction), Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, 2018
Bachelor of Law, LL.B. (International profile), Université Laval , 2018
Rankings & Recognitions
Laskin Moot Court Competition − Third place as a team, 2018
Scholarship for leadership and sustainable development from Université Laval, 2015-2018
Scholarship to study abroad from the International Office of Université Laval, 2016-2017
Lieutenant Governor of Quebec’s Youth Medal, 2015
Scholarship for performance, perseverance and commitment from Fondation du Cégep de Sainte-Foy, 2015
Areas of Practice
- 2021 – White paper: Should the Quebec government consider the social enterprise model in order to achieve a renewed capitalism?
- 2020 – New investment opportunities for French and other foreign investors in Quebec
- 2020 – Bill 61: Acceleration measures for certain public projects in order to restart Quebec’s economy
- 2020 – Developers’ loss of control over the syndicate of co-owners (condominium association)
- 2020 – Governance: ethical awareness and leadership are essential elements in the post-crisis period
- 2020 – Post-COVID-19: Directors face a new set of risks in the 21st century
- 2020 – The role of the board of directors in the context of COVID-19: how should corporate directors act?
- 2020 – “Quebec on hold for several weeks”: five considerations for long-term crisis management
- 2020 – 2020-2021 Quebec government budget: measures to stimulate investment and digital innovation among SMEs and to improve corporate transparency
- 2020 – 2020-2021 Quebec government budget: measures to promote corporate governance practices in favour of the green economy
- 2020 – Insurance of divided co-ownerships: principal amendments to the Civil Code of Québec
- 2019 – Being the Victim of an IT Security Breach Is Not Enough to Claim Damages
2020 – “Governance: a pathway to recovery”, Canadian Lawyer InHouse Magazine, co-authored with Christiane Brizard and Danielle Ferron, November 2020.
2020 – “La polarisation favorise la concentration de forces politiques en marge des institutions américaines” [Political forces outside American institutions promoted by bias], co-written with Pierre Betelaud, Le Monde, November 3, 2020.
2020 – “L’avocat et les médias” (The lawyer and the media), co-authored with Victoria Lemieux-Brown and Élisabeth Lachance, Proforma, Jeune Barreau de Québec, June 2020.
2020 – “La perte de contrôle du promoteur immobilier envers le syndicat de copropriété” (Developers’ loss of control over the syndicate of co-owners (condominium association), Copropriété Plus magazine, Spring 2020.
2020 – “L’assurance des copropriétés divises : principaux changements au Code civil du Québec” (Insurance of divided co-ownerships: main changes to the Civil Code of Quebec), Copropriété Plus magazine, Winter 2020.
2020 – Interview “Guillaume François Larouche – L’AECG 3 ans après sa mise en œuvre”, Légalement parlant, Le Podcast, Episode 5, BaladoQuébec, October 12, 2020 [in French].
- 2020 – Langlois Lawyers and Québec International join forces to broach access to Québec’s public procurement contracts with European investors
2020 − “Doing Business in Quebec, Opening a door into North America : The Law in Quebec and the Business Lawyer’s Role”, conference presented to French companies seeking to Establish Themselves in Canada, with William D. Hart, National Bank Financial, Montréal.
Since 2020 – Member of the board of directors, Canadian International Council, Québec Section
Since 2020 – Member of the board of directors, French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Canada (CCIFC) – Québec Section
2017-2018 − Member of the board of directors, Université Laval
2017-2018 − Member of the board of directors, Coopérative Zone
2017-2019 − Member of the board of directors, Société de développement commercial Maguire (SDC Maguire)
2017-2018 − Director for Confédération des Associations d’étudiants et étudiantes de l’Université Laval (CADEUL)
2015-2016 – President of the board of directors, Corporation des médias étudiants de l’Université Laval (CoMÉUL)
Since 2020 – Member of the Canadian International Council, Québec Section
Jeune Barreau de Québec
Canadian Bar Association, Québec Division
Since 2019 − Member of the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Canada (CCIFC)