Lawyer - Montréal
Catherine Cayer, CHRP, is a lawyer in the labour and employment law group in Langlois Lawyers’ Montréal office. Her practice involves all aspects of this area of the law, particularly litigious matters.
Catherine assists clients and colleagues with a wide variety of legal matters, including the interpretation and application of collective agreements and employment contracts, the imposition of disciplinary measures, labour standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, and potential remedies before courts, administrative bodies and grievance arbitrators.
While at law school, Catherine interned as a research assistant at the Quebec Superior Court. She also excelled academically, earning several awards for excellence, including ranking first in the first and second years of her degree program.
Before joining Langlois Lawyers, Catherine articled and practiced at an international law firm.
LL.B., University of Montréal, 2015
Rankings & Recognitions
Dean’s Honour Roll, University of Montréal’s law faculty, 2012 to 2015
Quebec Bar prize for ranking 1st in the second year of law school, 2013 to 2014
Crochetière, Pétrin prize for security on property law, 2013 to 2014
BCF prize for ranking 1st in the first year of law school, 2012 to 2013
Davies prize for ranking 1st in the first year of law school, 2012 to 2013
Wilson & Lafleur prize for excellence in civil law, 2012 to 2013
- 2021 – Court of Appeal sets the record straight on constructive dismissal and employer immunity from employee lawsuits
- 2020 – Federally regulated employers, be prepared: new Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Regulations due to take effect in a few months
- 2020 – Will all your employees be needed when businesses reopen? If not, the legal framework for collective dismissals should be considered
- 2019 – Series of Workshops on Labour and Employment Law 2019-2020 | What Are the Latest Developments With Regards to the Employer’s Obligations When It Comes to Harassment?
- 2020 – Catherine Biron and Catherine Cayer to take part in a webinar on the Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Regulations
Conference presentation, “Rétrospective de l’année 2017” (Retrospective on the year 2017), Montréal
Conference presentation, “Les examens médicaux préembauche : faisons le point” (Pre-hiring medical exams: an update), as part of the Quebec Bar’s continuing legal education series on recent developments in labour law
Since 2021 – Director, board of directors, Bouge de là youth dance company
Young Bar of Montreal
Canadian Bar Association