Lawyer - Quebec City
Élisabeth Breton practices in the firm’s Quebec City office in the areas of occupational health and safety and employment and labour law. She deals with issues involving hiring and termination of employment, labour standards, workplace health and safety, the Quebec and Canadian human rights charters, labour disputes, and the interpretation and application of collective agreements.
Elisabeth has pleaded before Quebec’s civil courts and before specialized tribunals such as the Administrative Labour Tribunal.
During her studies, Élisabeth distinguished herself by achieving excellent academic results, as is attested by her inclusion on the Honour Roll of Laval University’s faculty of law.
She carries on her practice in both French and English.
LL.B., Civil Law, Laval University, 2014
Rankings & Recognitions
Honour Roll of Laval University’s faculty of law, 2014
- 2017 – Access to the amount of legal fees paid by a public body: the Court of Appeal rules
- 2017 – Education Law: a Reminder That Courts Must Treat the Decisions of a School Board’s Council of Commissioners with Deference
- 2017 – Employment Injuries: Is the Workers’ Compensation Board the Only Recourse?
2019 – “Chronique – La gestion et la protection des renseignements personnels devant les tribunaux et organismes administratifs à l’ère numérique” (Management and protection of personal information before tribunals and other administrative bodies in the digital era), co-authored with Jean-François De Rico and Victoria Lemieux-Brown, Repères, Yvon Blais, February 2019, EYB2019REP2694.
- 2019 – Education Law – Review of the 2018 Case Law
- 2019 – Symposium 2019 – Employment & Labour Law
- 2018 – Education Law – Review of the 2017 Case Law
- 2018 – First Continuing Legal Education Symposium on Labour and Employment Law 2018 | Recent Developments in Non-Competition and Duty of Loyalty Obligations
- 2017 – 360 Degrees of Employment Law | Psychological Harassment: From Here to Infinity and Even Beyond
- 2017 – Symposium on Employment & Labour Law