Lawyer - Quebec City
Élisabeth Breton practices in the firm’s Quebec City office in the areas of occupational health and safety and labour and employment law. She deals with issues involving hiring and termination of employment, labour standards, workplace health and safety, the Quebec and Canadian human rights charters, labour disputes, and the interpretation and application of collective agreements.
Elisabeth has pleaded before Quebec’s civil courts and before specialized tribunals such as the Administrative Labour Tribunal.
During her studies, Élisabeth distinguished herself by achieving excellent academic results, as is attested by her inclusion on the Honour Roll of Laval University’s faculty of law.
She carries on her practice in both French and English.
LL.B., Civil Law, Laval University, 2014
Rankings & Recognitions
Honour Roll of Laval University’s faculty of law, 2014
- 2019 – Understanding the Criteria for Admissibility of a Surveillance Operation as Evidence
- 2017 – Access to the amount of legal fees paid by a public body: the Court of Appeal rules
- 2017 – Education Law: a Reminder That Courts Must Treat the Decisions of a School Board’s Council of Commissioners with Deference
- 2017 – Employment Injuries: Is the Workers’ Compensation Board the Only Recourse?
2019 – “Commentaire sur la décision Groupe PPD inc. c. Valois – La validité d’une clause de non-concurrence visant les activités futures de l’employeur” (Case comment on Groupe PPD Inc. v. Valois – the validity of a non-compete clause aimed at the employer’s future activities), Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, June 2019, EYB2019REP2795.
2019 – “Chronique – La gestion et la protection des renseignements personnels devant les tribunaux et organismes administratifs à l’ère numérique” (Management and protection of personal information before tribunals and other administrative bodies in the digital era), co-authored with Jean-François De Rico and Victoria Lemieux-Brown, Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, February 2019, EYB2019REP2694.
- 2019 – Education Law – Review of the 2018 Case Law
- 2019 – Symposium 2019 – Labour & Employment Law
- 2018 – Education Law – Review of the 2017 Case Law
- 2018 – First Continuing Legal Education Symposium on Labour and Employment Law 2018 | Recent Developments in Non-Competition and Duty of Loyalty Obligations
- 2017 – 360 Degrees of Employment Law | Psychological Harassment: From Here to Infinity and Even Beyond
- 2017 – Symposium on Labour & Employment Law