Lawyer - Montréal
Roger Bill is a lawyer in the business law group in Langlois lawyers’ Montréal office. He specializes in commercial law as well as in environmental, energy and real estate law. He also advises clients concerning their lobbying obligations.
Roger has wide-ranging experience in environmental law, including contaminated land matters, environmental assessment processes, permitting requirements, the management and treatment of hazardous materials, and the transportation of oil and gas.
In his commercial law practice, Roger has worked on a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, the negotiation of commercial leases and purchase and sale agreements, and various forms of real estate financing.
Roger practices in English, French and Spanish, and has a working knowledge of Portuguese.
LL.B./B.C.L., McGill University, 2013
Exchange Program (European and International Law), University of Barcelona, 2013
B.A., Memorial University, 2009
Areas of Practice
- 2019 – Health Canada Announces Changes to the Cannabis Licensing Process
- 2019 – Insolvency and Environmental Issues Before the Supreme Court of Canada
- 2018 – Federal Carbon Tax: What Impacts for Quebec?
- 2018 – Proposed Changes to the Provincial Environmental Impact Assessment and Review Regime
- 2018 – Quebec Real Estate Transfer Duties: Further Developments
2015 – Co-author, “Saskatchewan Court of Appeal: No Surface Activity Means No Duty to Consult First Nations”, April 28, 2015
Since 2015 – President of the board of directors of the Montreal Ultimate Association