Lawyer - Montréal
Roger Bill is a lawyer in the business law group in Langlois Lawyers’ Montréal office. He specializes in commercial law as well as in environmental, energy and real estate law. He also advises clients concerning their lobbying obligations.
Roger has wide-ranging experience in matters related to project development. In this respect, he advises on environmental law matters, including issues involving soil contamination, environmental assessment processes, permitting requirements, management and treatment of hazardous materials, and transportation of oil and gas. In the context of project development, he also advises on a range of commercial and regulatory matters for energy, cannabis, industrial and infrastructure projects.
In his commercial law practice, Roger has worked on a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, the negotiation of commercial leases and purchase and sale agreements, and various forms of real estate financing.
Roger practices in English, French and Spanish, and has a working knowledge of Portuguese.
LL.B./B.C.L., McGill University, 2013
Exchange Program (European and International Law), University of Barcelona, 2013
B.A., Memorial University, 2009
Areas of Practice
- 2020 – A further step towards the modernization of Quebec’s environmental authorization regime
- 2019 – Half-Baked: Edibles, Beverages and New Cannabis Products to Be Legalized and Regulated in 2019
- 2019 – Health Canada Announces Changes to the Cannabis Licensing Process
- 2019 – Insolvency and Environmental Issues Before the Supreme Court of Canada
- 2018 – Federal Carbon Tax: What Impacts for Quebec?
- 2018 – Proposed Changes to the Provincial Environmental Impact Assessment and Review Regime
- 2018 – Quebec Real Estate Transfer Duties: Further Developments
2015 – Co-author, “Saskatchewan Court of Appeal: No Surface Activity Means No Duty to Consult First Nations”, April 28, 2015
- 2019 – Workshop I – Cannabis Week | The Canadian Cannabis Market: Significant Regulation and Complex Projects
- 2018 – First Symphony | Recent Legislative and Regulatory Changes Regarding Wetlands Management
2020 – Roger Bill presents a webinar organized by the Quebec Business Council on the Environment (CPEQ) entitled The Regulation on quarries and sand pits [in French].
2021 – Vice-President, Environmental, Energy and Resources Law Section, Executive Committee, Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Division
2015 to 2020 – President of the board of directors of the Montreal Ultimate Association
Member of the Quebec Association for the Production of Renewable Energy (AQPER)