Lawyer - Montréal
Laurence Angers-Routhier is an associate in the commercial litigation group in the Montréal office of Langlois Lawyers.
As part of her practice, Laurence works on complex cases relating to issues of product liability and contract law as well as class actions. She is also involved in commercial litigation files touching the banking sector and securities law. She further works in constitutional and administrative law matters. In this regard, she has a keen interest in issues affecting government and public affairs.
During her graduate studies, Laurence participated in the Pierre-Basile-Mignault Moot Court Competition, which allowed her to gain relevant experience in civil pleading.
Laurence practises in English and French.
MBA, Corporate Management, Université Laval (in progress)
LL.B., Civil Law, Université de Montréal, 2017
- 2020 – Investigations under the Business Corporations Act and their findings: No backtracking, according to the Superior Court
- 2020 – Preventing visual pollution and valid constitutional limits on freedom of expression
- 2020 – New rules in effect: the Regulation respecting the procedure of the Administrative Tribunal of Québec
- 2019 – The Right to Die with Dignity: The Quebec Superior Court Rules
- 2019 – No Mulligans: The SCC Highlights the “Difficult Strategic Choice” Faced by Québec Defendants Sued Abroad
- 2018 – The Supreme Court Rules on the Duty to Consult First Nations During the Legislative Process
- 2018 – The Supreme Court Puts an End to the Judicial Saga Begun by Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corporation Limited
- 2018 – Quebec’s Right to Self-Determination and Bill 99 – the Superior Court’s Judgment Will Be Appealed
2020 – “COVID-19 : l’arrêté 2020-4251 et la suspension des délais de prescription extinctive, de déchéance et de procédure en matière civile” (Covid-19 : Order 2020-4251 and the suspension of prescription, limitations and procedural delays in civil matters), co-authored with Vincent de l’Étoile, Repères, March 2020, Yvon Blais Editions, EYB2020REP2938.
Since 2019 – Member of the Young Leaders Cercle of the Marie-Vincent Foundation
Since 2019 – Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Property Tax Association (CPTA), Quebec Chapter