The current and unprecedented situation is forcing us to new challenges. We are regularly updating this page to provide you with relevant articles, useful links and key contacts in order to answer your questions and advise you in the best possible way. Quickly find practical information by clicking the links below:
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and the sweeping measures put in place to contain it, are having major impacts on the business world. Because of this unprecedented and evolving situation, businesses are confronted with a wide range of issues, and are seeking to minimize risk to ensure the continuity of their operations through this crisis.
In order to support our clients during this period of uncertainty, Langlois has put forward a multidisciplinary intervention and crisis management team capable of dealing with the commercial, operational and legal issues our clients are facing.
You can count on the assistance, availability and responsiveness of our professionals to provide counsel on a variety of questions and situations, including those likely to arise due to COVID-19:
- Labour and Employment Law
- Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
- Contractual Issues
- Litigation, Prevention and Restructuration
- Governance and Compliance
See our brochure for more details »
- Recent decisions regarding mandatory vaccination policies
- The challenges of remote work after the pandemic
- The impact of COVID-19 on notice periods awarded by civil courts
- Medical masks are now mandatory at all times in all Quebec workplaces
- Rapid screening tests for private-sector enterprises
- COVID-19 and HyFlex-style distance education
- Is mandatory COVID-19 vaccination an option for employers in Quebec?
- What is the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on your professional and ethical obligations?
- The Superior Court weighs in on COVID-19 and force majeure
- New investment opportunities for French and other foreign investors in Quebec
- Bill 61: Acceleration measures for certain public projects in order to restart Quebec’s economy
- Governance: ethical awareness and leadership are essential elements in the post-crisis period
- Change management post-COVID-19
- Post-COVID-19: Directors face a new set of risks in the 21st century
See our archives on the subject below
- COVID-19: the government is tightening restrictions; how will this impact employers?
- Partial reopening of office spaces: What to expect
- The Coronavirus Charter of Commitment: have you signed?
- How to mobilize a union during difficult economic times
- Will all your employees be needed when businesses reopen? If not, the legal framework for collective dismissals should be considered
- Return-to-work protocol: getting ready to resume
- COVID-19 and CBCA companies: Supreme Court of British Columbia first Canadian court to rule on a petition seeking an extension of the delay to hold the annual general meeting
- COVID-19: sound OHS practices key to continued operations
- Proactivity and creativity in mergers and acquisitions during COVID-19: 5 key issues
- Impact of the COVID-19 crisis on commercial leases: important clauses for parties to consider
- To launch, or not to launch, an internal investigation during the COVID-19 crisis: that might be a question
- IIROC issues Notice 20-0063 regarding COVID-19 related exemptions from IIROC Rules
- The role of the board of directors in to the context of COVID-19: how should corporate directors act?
- Crisis management and the heightened risk of insider trading and tipping
- Relief for employers as payment of dues to CNESST is deferred
- Limiting the economic impact of COVID-19 on your business: planning for recovery
- Breach of contract due to the COVID-19 pandemic: a case of force majeure?
- COVID-19: Order 2020-4251 and the suspension of limitation periods, forfeiture periods and procedural deadlines
Our lawyers regularly address pandemic-related issues in webinars and training sessions. Here is a summary of their interventions on the subject.
- The challenges of remote work after the pandemic
- Marianne Plamondon to discuss the challenges of ending mandatory teleworking
- Are you ready to face the new challenges of workplace immunization?
- Class actions: situational analysis – retrospective and future expectations
- Marianne Plamondon to present a webinar on vaccination and its impact in the workplace
- Impacts and solutions to the challenges of a remote workforce
- Sarto Veilleux et Jonathan Garneau présentent les développements récents en droit du travail et répondent à des questions en lien avec la COVID-19
- Christiane Brizard, Danielle Ferron et Guillaume François Larouche présentent des pistes de solutions pour une relance durable
- Tommy Tremblay and Mike Siméon to take part in a webinar entitled Fraud and corruption: trends during times of crisis
- Jean-François Gagnon to present a webinar on the assessment of contractual risk in the context of COVID-19
- Jean-Simon Deschênes, Jessica Syms and Vincent Tremblay take part in a legal webinar about commercial contracts
- André Sasseville to take part in a webinar on teleworking and human resources
- Dispositions anti-briseurs de grève et télétravail | Vers une modernisation du code du travail?
La Presse | January 24, 2022
- S’adapter au travail hybride
Les Affaires | January 19, 2022
- Rendre la vaccination obligatoire, une simple question de volonté politique?
ICI Radio-Canada | January 17, 2022
- La gestion de cas de COVID-19 en entreprise se complique
Le Devoir | January 6, 2022
- Retour au travail – La goutte de trop pour les gestionnaires
La Presse | December 20, 2021
Chief Executive Officer
T +1 514 842 7801 | +1 418 650 7098
T +1 418 650 7043
T +1 514 842 7872
Labour and Employment Law
T +1 438 844 7832