|The current and unprecedented situation is forcing us to consistently adapt to the challenges we face. We are regularly updating this page to provide you with relevant articles, useful links and key contacts, in order to answer your questions and advise you in the best possible way. Quickly find practical information by clicking the links below:|
- Governance: ethical awareness and leadership are essential elements in the post-crisis period
- Will all your employees be needed when businesses reopen? If not, the legal framework for collective dismissals should be considered
- Change management post-COVID-19
- Return-to-work protocol: getting ready to resume
- COVID-19 – April 28, 2020 update: gradual reopening of certain economic sectors
- COVID-19 and CBCA companies: Supreme Court of British Columbia first Canadian court to rule on a petition seeking an extension of the delay to hold the annual general meeting
- Post-COVID-19: Directors face a new set of risks in the 21st century
- CCDC contracts over 20 working days of construction site closures
- COVID-19: sound OHS practices key to continued operations
- Proactivity and creativity in mergers and acquisitions during COVID-19: 5 key issues
- Impact of the COVID-19 crisis on commercial leases: important clauses for parties to consider
- To launch, or not to launch, an internal investigation during the COVID-19 crisis: that might be a question
- IIROC issues Notice 20-0063 regarding COVID-19 related exemptions from IIROC Rules
- COVID-19: Aid measures announced to support SMEs
- The role of the board of directors in to the context of COVID-19: how should corporate directors act?
- Crisis management and the heightened risk of insider trading and tipping
- “Quebec on hold for several weeks”: five considerations for long-term crisis management
- Relief for employers as payment of dues to CNESST is deferred
- COVID-19: Order in Council 223-2020 on essential services and the legal risks of noncompliance
- COVID-19: Quebec businesses offering non-essential services to close down
- Limiting the economic impact of COVID-19 on your business: planning for recovery
- Breach of contract due to the COVID-19 pandemic: a case of force majeure?
- COVID-19: Order 2020-4251 and the suspension of limitation periods, forfeiture periods and procedural deadlines
- COVID-19: Quebec government offers financial assistance to certain workers affected by the pandemic
- Coronavirus: an important update
- Jean-François Gagnon to present a webinar on the assessment of contractual risk in the context of COVID-19
- Jean-Simon Deschênes, Jessica Syms and Vincent Tremblay take part in a legal webinar about commercial contracts
- André Sasseville to take part in a webinar on teleworking and human resources
- Refus de travail : avez-vous droit à la PCU?
TVA Nouvelles | May 12, 2020
- Déconfinement : quelle protection pour les employés qui veulent rester chez eux?
ICI Radio-Canada Première – L’heure de pointe | May 11, 2020
- PCU : Ottawa maintient un « flou » pour les travailleurs qui ne se sentent pas en sécurité
ICI Radio-Canada | May 11, 2020
- Le taux de chômage atteint 17 % au Québec, du jamais vu depuis 1976
Journal Métro | May 8, 2020
- Navigating a return to work amid the pandemic
Global News | May 8, 2020
- Des réponses à vos questions sur les droits des employés et employeurs en période de COVID
ICI Radio-Canada | May 7, 2020
- Déconfinement : qui peut refuser de retourner travailler?
Protégez-vous | May 5, 2020
- Les employés seront-ils au rendez-vous?
TVA Nouvelles | May 2, 2020
- Suis-je obligé de retourner travailler? : des réponses à vos questions
ICI Radio-Canada | May 2, 2020
- Many questions as thousands of Quebecers prepare to return to work
CBC News – Quebec AM | April 30, 2020
- Relance : la COVID-19 bousculera encore le quotidien des travailleurs
Les Affaires | April 29, 2020
The rapid spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), and the sweeping measures put in place to contain it, are having major impacts on the business world. Because of this unprecedented and evolving situation, businesses are confronted with a wide range of commercial, operational and legal issues, and are seeking to minimize risk and to ensure the continuity of their operations through this emerging crisis.
In order to support our clients during this period of uncertainty, Langlois has put forward a multidisciplinary intervention and crisis management team capable of dealing with the commercial, operational and legal issues being faced by our clients.
You can count on the assistance, availability and responsiveness of our professionals to provide counsel on a variety of questions and situations, including those likely to arise due to COVID-19:
- Labour and Employment Law
- Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
- Contractual Issues
- Litigation, Prevention and Restructuration
- Governance and Compliance
Langlois continues to operate in this global pandemic context. However, due to concerns related to COVID-19, we have had to take the necessary measures to protect our team, which is now working remotely. Our Montréal and Quebec City offices will therefore be closed until further notice.
Conventional services will continue to be provided remotely. However, for urgent matters, please contact the following numbers:
- Montréal: +1 514 842 9512
- Quebec City: +1 418 650 7000
- Toll-free number: +1 888 650 7001