The current and unprecedented situation is forcing us to consistently adapt to the challenges we face. We are regularly updating this page to provide you with relevant articles, useful links and key contacts, in order to answer your questions and advise you in the best possible way. Quickly find practical information by clicking the links below:
- Articles of interest
- In the media
- Useful links
- Our services
- Key contacts
- Business continuity and maintaining services to clients
- The impact of COVID-19 on notice periods awarded by civil courts
- Medical masks are now mandatory at all times in all Quebec workplaces
- Rapid screening tests for private-sector enterprises
- COVID-19 and HyFlex-style distance education
- COVID-19: the government is tightening restrictions; how will this impact employers?
- Is mandatory COVID-19 vaccination an option for employers in Quebec?
- Office spaces closing for the holiday season
- Partial reopening of office spaces: What to expect
- What is the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on your professional and ethical obligations?
- The Superior Court weighs in on COVID-19 and force majeure
- New investment opportunities for French and other foreign investors in Quebec
- The Coronavirus Charter of Commitment: have you signed?
- COVID-19: calculation of prescription periods, forfeiture periods and procedural deadlines to resume on September 1, 2020
- How to mobilize a union during difficult economic times
- Bill 61: Acceleration measures for certain public projects in order to restart Quebec’s economy
- Governance: ethical awareness and leadership are essential elements in the post-crisis period
- Will all your employees be needed when businesses reopen? If not, the legal framework for collective dismissals should be considered
- Change management post-COVID-19
- Return-to-work protocol: getting ready to resume
- COVID-19 – April 28, 2020 update: gradual reopening of certain economic sectors
- COVID-19 and CBCA companies: Supreme Court of British Columbia first Canadian court to rule on a petition seeking an extension of the delay to hold the annual general meeting
- Post-COVID-19: Directors face a new set of risks in the 21st century
- CCDC contracts over 20 working days of construction site closures
- COVID-19: sound OHS practices key to continued operations
- Proactivity and creativity in mergers and acquisitions during COVID-19: 5 key issues
- Impact of the COVID-19 crisis on commercial leases: important clauses for parties to consider
- To launch, or not to launch, an internal investigation during the COVID-19 crisis: that might be a question
- IIROC issues Notice 20-0063 regarding COVID-19 related exemptions from IIROC Rules
- COVID-19: Aid measures announced to support SMEs
- The role of the board of directors in to the context of COVID-19: how should corporate directors act?
- Crisis management and the heightened risk of insider trading and tipping
- “Quebec on hold for several weeks”: five considerations for long-term crisis management
- Relief for employers as payment of dues to CNESST is deferred
- COVID-19: Order in Council 223-2020 on essential services and the legal risks of noncompliance
- COVID-19: Quebec businesses offering non-essential services to close down
- Limiting the economic impact of COVID-19 on your business: planning for recovery
- Breach of contract due to the COVID-19 pandemic: a case of force majeure?
- COVID-19: Order 2020-4251 and the suspension of limitation periods, forfeiture periods and procedural deadlines
- COVID-19: Quebec government offers financial assistance to certain workers affected by the pandemic
- Coronavirus: an important update
- Tommy Tremblay and Mike Siméon to take part in a webinar entitled Fraud and corruption: trends during times of crisis
- Jean-François Gagnon to present a webinar on the assessment of contractual risk in the context of COVID-19
- Jean-Simon Deschênes, Jessica Syms and Vincent Tremblay take part in a legal webinar about commercial contracts
- André Sasseville to take part in a webinar on teleworking and human resources
- La vaccination obligatoire contre la COVID-19 est-elle envisageable pour un employeur au Québec?
SOQUIJ | June 3, 2021
- Returning to the office: a legal perspective
Global News | May 31, 2021
- Déconfinement : on n’en a pas fini avec le télétravail!
La Presse | May 31, 2021
- How companies can navigate a return to normal
CTV News Montreal | May 30, 2021
- COVID-19 : le statut vaccinal, une information à fournir à son employeur?
ICI Radio-Canada | May 27, 2021
- COVID-19 : peut-on obliger ses employés à se faire vacciner?
La Presse | May 26, 2021
- Swift and well-planned internal investigations lessen damage and add credibility to results
Canadian Lawyer | May 25, 2021
- « Le retour au travail se prépare maintenant »
Droit-Inc. | May 25, 2021
- Memo to bosses: don’t bring workers back to offices too quickly or risk a revolt
CTV News Montreal | May 22, 2021
- Gérer la fin du télétravail obligatoire sera compliqué pour les employeurs
Le Devoir | May 22, 2021
- Les effets de la vaccination en droit du travail
ICI Radio-Canada | May 19, 2021
The rapid spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), and the sweeping measures put in place to contain it, are having major impacts on the business world. Because of this unprecedented and evolving situation, businesses are confronted with a wide range of commercial, operational and legal issues, and are seeking to minimize risk and to ensure the continuity of their operations through this emerging crisis.
In order to support our clients during this period of uncertainty, Langlois has put forward a multidisciplinary intervention and crisis management team capable of dealing with the commercial, operational and legal issues being faced by our clients.
You can count on the assistance, availability and responsiveness of our professionals to provide counsel on a variety of questions and situations, including those likely to arise due to COVID-19:
- Labour and Employment Law
- Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
- Contractual Issues
- Litigation, Prevention and Restructuration
- Governance and Compliance
Langlois continues to operate in this global pandemic context. However, due to concerns related to COVID-19, we have had to take the necessary measures to protect our team, which is now working remotely. Rest assured that remote working is not affecting how we provide our services and you can contact us at the following numbers:
- Montréal: +1 514 842 9512
- Quebec City: +1 418 650 7000
- Toll-free number: +1 888 650 7001