Occupational Health & Safety
The Langlois lawyers team is one of the largest teams of lawyers specializing in OHS in Quebec, handling approximately one thousand OHS matters per year. Working on issues of compensation, financing, or prevention, more than a dozen professionals dedicate a considerable part of their practice to OHS. Our professionals have been advising clients from all types of organizations small, medium and large, private, public and para-public, for years.
In addition to assisting many clients that are subject to the retrospective rating scheme, our team of specialists is very involved with major players in the prevention mutuals industry. Clients in this area share two basic needs: the ability to manage and process a large volume of files, and consideration of crucial financial issues. Langlois lawyers has developed and refined the methodology, work ethic, and competitive rates necessary to meet these needs.
Our primary concern is to protect our clients’ interests, and we offer a full range of services including guidance, opinions, negotiation, conciliation, and representation before administrative tribunals and courts of law.
Our areas of expertise more specifically encompass occupational health and safety, employment injuries, and related financial aspects, including:
- business financing and classification;
- criminal law relating to occupational health and safety;
- harassment policies, investigations, and remedies;
- interpretation of labour laws and regulations, and collective agreements;
- management advisory services for occupational injury claims;
- representation of employers before administrative tribunals and courts of law, and specifically the Tribunal administratif du travail.