Employment & Labour Law
The Langlois lawyers Employment and Labour Law group provides a full range of tailored services to clients including small-, medium- and large-sized businesses, professional organizations, and public and para-public organizations. Our team can advise you on day-to-day human resources management as well as in crisis situations.
Our group of renowned professionals will be able to provide you with top-notch personalized services no matter how much strategic support you need. Our professionals are focused on achieving your organizational goals and will always be available to develop a genuine partnership with your business.
Communication, cooperation, delegation, sharing and knowledge transfer are the watchwords we follow to ensure optimal service.
Our expertise focuses on the following aspects:
- Providing strategic advice on psychological harassment complaints and investigations;
- Administrative reorganizations;
- Advising on grievances and providing representation at arbitration;
- Analyzing industrial accident and occupational disease cases;
- Analyzing the imposition of administrative or disciplinary measures;
- Clarifying, preparing for, and adjusting to new legislation;
- Developing human resources management policies;
- Developing strategic plans and advice;
- Developing strategies regarding addiction in the workplace;
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants;
- Ensuring employee compliance with duties of loyalty and integrity;
- Establishing and updating pension and benefit plans;
- Human rights and freedoms;
- Interpreting laws, regulations, and labour agreements;
- Making submissions on behalf of the employer in the context of accreditation applications;
- Negotiating first collective agreements or their renewal;
- Preparing employment contracts;
- Preparing opinions and making submissions before the Tribunal administratif du Québec and civil courts in pension and benefit plan matters;
- Preparing opinions and making submissions in applications requiring access to personal information;
- Providing support and representation in grievance arbitration matters;
- Providing support both before and after an occupational health and safety prosecution;
- Providing crisis management, contingency plans, and essential services;
- Providing occupational health and safety-related training, advice, and policies;
- Representing clients before the Tribunal administratif du travail on compensation, financing, and classification matters;
- Representing defendants in civil actions and penal regulatory proceedings brought by the CNESST.